Monday, August 9, 2010

«Police Act»

A new version of the Militia Act was published on the zakonoproekt2010.ru site. This new version of the law was renamed the "Police Act". There are two interesting fact about this Act.

The first one is that this was the first bill passed by a general discussion before the debate in the Duma. Anyone can register and comment on this bill. I hope this practice will continue.

The second fact is that Militia will be renamed to Police. "In my opinion, it's time to return the Militia of its former name and continue to call the law enforcement Police"- said Dmitry Medvedev. It seems that the word "militia" is associated with negative feelings. But I think that simple renaming will not change militia's working. I’m also afraid that it will cost too much money in the renaming procedure. I think this money will be spent for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment