Monday, July 12, 2010

My first sushi

About 2 years ago I visited my friends and it was first time when I made and tasted sushi. Then I ate sushi few times in restaurants. But it’s not cheap meal and I cannot allow myself to eat as much as I want. This weekend I have bought a sushi kit and cooked my first sushi.

Sushi is a Japanese dish consisting of cooked cold rice which is commonly topped with fish or other seafood or put into rolls. There are many different kinds of sushi. I cooked hosomaki. It’s a thin rolled sushi. A typical hosomaki has a diameter of about two centimeters. They generally contain only one or two fillings. I used salmon, cucumber, cheese and prawn for fillings in different combinations.

Also I cooked few nigirizushi. It consisted of an oblong mound of sushi rice with a bit of wasabi and topped with salmon. It was very delicious. And I hope to repeat it soon.
Альбом: Famile

No comments:

Post a Comment